Monday, August 17, 2009
I Aten't Dead...
Just busy. Moving, remodeling, and recovering from a car accident, oh my. And painting, even though it's not my usual style, it's still paint on canvas :)
And gardening. Last year, I had a 4x4 foot garden; this year, two 4x20s and a 4x10. Yes, it has been mentioned that I am crazy, why do you ask? Sadly, I had to rip out and destroy the vast majority of my tomato plants, which were over five feet tall and gearing up to an epic harvest. Damned tomato blight!So, in the absence of deep and meaningful content, I found this meme here by googling "book meme" (yes, I am terribly original.)
1. What author do you own the most books by? Stephen King, followed by Terry Pratchett
2. What book do you own the most copies of? I have two copies of several books, like Lani Diane Rich's A Little Ray of Sunshine; Crusie / Rich & Stuart's The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes; Sarah Shankman's Digging Up Mama, and Stephen King's The Green Mile.
3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions? Nope.
4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with? So many! Will from The Fortune Quilt. Brandywine from The Fortune Quilt. Cal from Bet Me. Burr from gods in Alabama. Gideon Westbrook, Viscount St. Justin from Ravished. ST Maitland from The Prince of Midnight. Jake Templeton from Manhunting. Harry Dresden from the Dresden Files. And so on...
5. What book have you read the most times in your life? I'm a chronic rereader, but maybe the Oz books by L Frank Baum? I think I've been rereading those for the longest.
6. Favorite book as a ten year old? Any Trixie Belden book.
7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year? Twilight. I did actually finish reading it, but was disappointed to find the heroine spineless and the hero stalker-y.
8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year? Nation by Terry Pratchett
9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be? I'm not much for forcing people to do things. I make a lot of recommendations.
10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie? Any of Lani's books. or Jenny Crusie's.
11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read? The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum. Very disturbing.
12. What is your favorite book? Too many to list, really. Kinsale, Rich, Crusie, Alesia Holliday, Chris Moore, Gaiman, Sarah Shankman, Barb/Caridad Ferrar, Lisa Gardner, Jim Butcher... so many authors writing books I just love.
13. What is your favorite play? Into the Woods.
14. Poem? Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou. Wild Geese by Mary Oliver.
15. Essay? Jenny's essays are great. There are others I like, but those are the first to come to mind.
16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today? I don't know.
17. What is your desert island book? The source book from Angel Season Five Episode Seven - where you say what book you want it to be, and the words appear inside. Hey, if I'm gonna dream, I'm gonna dream big.
18. And . . . what are you reading right now? Fearless Girls, Wise Women & Beloved Sisters: Heroines in Folktales from Around the World - edited by Kathleen Raglan.
Normally, I would hyperlink to all the books and authors, but it is 4:46 am and I am too tired.